770 Converse Street, Longmeadow, MA 01106 (413) 567-6211
We are accredited by the Joint Commission.
In 2012, JGS celebrates 100 years of caring for the elderly in our community. When JGS was first established, the founders made a promise to provide comprehensive and compassionate healthcare services - based upon Jewish traditions and values - to those facing the challenges of aging.
Jewish Geriatric Services has established itself as a trusted, not-for-profit, healthcare resource for people of all faiths. Our full range of services includes skilled nursing and short-term rehabilitation care, assisted living, home healthcare, adult day health, community-based medical services, subsidized independent living and specialized Alzheimer's care.
Programs of Jewish Geriatric Services include:
- Julian J. Leavitt Family Jewish Nursing Home
- Spectrum Home Health and Hospice Care
- Ruth's House - An Assisted Living Residence
- Wernick Adult Day Health Care Center
- JGS Family Medical Care
- Genesis House - On the Harold Grinspoon Campus
- Rehabilitation Services
All of these services come together to form a complete system of care, one that is built upon a solid foundation of quality services, dignity and respect. It is the very reason why the name Jewish Geriatric Services has become synonymous with excellence and why, time and time again, people turn to us for their eldercare and healthcare needs.
JGS has been honored with the Leadership in Safety Award by CNA, the world's largest liability insurer for long term care organizations, representing 3,600 facilities. Bruce V. Dymtrow, Vice President, CNA Global Specialty lines presented the award which recognized JGS for its commitment to resident safety and to a leadership team who consistently demonstrates efforts to improve the quality and safety of resident care services.
JGS has been honored with the following special efforts and recognitions;
- the American Health Care Association and the National Association of Assisted Living prestigious Step II Award for Quality;
- the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging and LarsonAllen LLP, Pathway to Greatness;
- American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging recipient of the Excellence in Research and Education Award;
- the Affiliated Chambers of Commerce of Greater Springfield, Super 60 Award;
- and the Julian J. Leavitt Family Jewish Nursing Home and Spectrum Home Health and Hospice Care have received Joint Commission accreditation.