770 Converse Street, Longmeadow, MA 01106 (413) 567-6211
We are accredited by the Joint Commission.
JOIN OUR TEAM OF CARING VOLUNTEERS!
By volunteering at Jewish Geriatric Services, you can discover some wonderful things about yourself and find that the simple act of caring can offer some remarkable rewards. You can establish meaningful friendships and bonds, and help to improve the quality of someone's life.
Our volunteers are young adults, older adults and even youngsters. We also offer opportunities for student interns - high school, college or graduate school.
The following volunteer opportunities are waiting for you at Jewish Geriatric Services:
- A Very Special Mitzvah: Broad-Schoenberg "Caring Friends" Program - visiting residents who have no visitors or rare visitors.
- Cashier in staff cafeteria
- Gift shop
- Coffee shop
- Library cart
- Read to residents
- Deliver mail to residents
- Write notes for residents
- Shop for residents
- Assist in the Wernick Adult Day Health Care Center
- Computer work with residents
- Ruth's House visits and games
- Walk with residents
- Shabbat table
- Help with trips and group activities
- Birthday party set-up and help serving refreshments
- Play cards - bridge, canasta, gin
- Play board games - Scrabble, Mah Jonng
- Foreign language translation